Your guide to Catalonia’s mountain biking and cycling highlights.
The Catalan Pyrenees are ideal for cycling and mountain biking. There are hundreds of kilometres of trails and routes for all levels and interests.
Cyclotouring, or any kind of biking, or walking, can also be done along thegreen ways of Catalonia. They follow old disused railway lines through Spain, which have been converted into well kept paths for biking, walking or horseback riding.
Three greenways in the Catalonia Pyrenees are; The Iron and Coal Route; from Ripoll to Sant Joan de les Abadesses, the Carrilet route; which links Sant Joan de les Abadesses with Girona, and the Vall Fosca Greenway; near the Aigüestortes and Lake Sant Maurici National Park.
Catalonia’s Mountain Bike/FCC centres are free-access spaces made specifically for mountain biking and cycling.
A popular ride is the Cadí Moixeró circular route at the Ségre Olympic Park BTT (Mountain Bike) Centre.
These are the counties of Catalonia with mountain bike centres:
The centres all have at least 100 kilometres of mapped and signposted circuits, according to the level of difficulty.
At each centre, you’ll also find a reception centre which functions as a tourist information office, as well as providing various bike services; like bike rental, bike parking, cleaning points, and showers.
- Salines Bassegoda
- Plaça de la vila 5
- Navata – Alt Empordà
- Information can be found at the:Oficina d’Informació Turística de Maçanet de Cabrenys (tourist office)
- 17720 Maçanet de Cabrenys
- Casa Sobrestrada
- Crta. C-26, km 143,5Avià – Berguedà
- La Seu – Alt Urgell
- Segre Olympic Park
- Parc del Segre, s/n25700 – La Seu d’Urgell
- Pallars Jussà
- Municipal Sports Pavilion
- La Font, s/n25500 – La Pobla de Segur
- Leisure Centre
- Alberg Rural la Ruta del Ferro (the Iron Route Refuge)Parc de l’Estació s/n17860 – San Joan de les Abadesses
- Solsonès – Vall de Lord
- Vall de Lord Tourist Office
- Ctra. Berga, s/n25282 – Sant Llorenç de Morunys
- Val d’Aran
- Bossòst Sports Complex
- Dehòres, s/n25550 – Bossòst
Catalonia Pyrenees Culture Guide:
Catalonia Pyrenees County and Village Guide: